Movie below made with The family in charge of the horses and tour.
As you can see in the movie, we have been there ourselves, and have experienced amazing landscapes, good food and great hospitality.
This 6-day Journey will take you through a 160 Km Trail through traditional Serbia and is suitable for beginners.
During this period, we will be joined by the more than interesting Former Army survival trainer, Llubisa simovic who we also filmed during our stay with our Horse Trail Hosts.
Description as given by our host Igor Gajic
Day 0: Overnight stay in Kamenica
Day 1: Riding from Kamenica to Borac and on to Belo Polje (1st overnight stay is in Belo Polje, on a farm with a host family).
In Borac will be a very old fortress (ruins) visited from the Roman period and an ancient church dating back to 1395. The church has been spared by the Ottomans, so you can still admire the original frescoes. Predominantly field rides, routes, and only a little forest.
Day 2: Belo Polje to Zdreban.
Overnight stay in Zdreban in a private accommodation. Zdreban is an air thermal bath, where once a large complex was started but never completed because of diff. Reasons. Many people tell that headaches go away if they stay for a while in Zdreban.
The trail leads through nice oak forests, over plateaus over which you can nicely gallop. Overnight in Zdreban in a private accommodation.
Day 3: Zdreban-Klaticevo
From Zdreban over the old monastery Vujan we ride on the 4th day through old villages, forests, as well as on country lanes towards Klaticevo where us expects a beautiful property (Tri Hrasta = Dreieichen), with swimming pool and sauna.
Day 4: Klaticevo-Rajac
On the 4th day we will reach an attractive mountain, Rajac, which provides a very wide view over the countryside. Overnight stay at large, sympathetic mountain lodge called "Cika Dusko Jovanovic".
Day 5: Rajac-Ostrvica
From Rajac the paths leads us over the impressive, lush countryside to Ostrvica. Ostrvica is a dean volcano where the guest has the opportunity to climb up to 758 meters above sea level, and enjoy the wonderful sight. Ostrvica is located right next to the mountain Rudnik. Accommodation on a farm.
Day 6: Ostrvica-Kamenica
From Ostrvica over the wooded mountain Rudnik (1132 m above sea level. M.) through nice, different forests and later through fields, we make a break in Gornja Crnuca and after a final nice ride we arrive on our farm in Kamenica. On request, and if there is enough time available, we can visit the monastery Vracevsnica from the 14 Century, which is located on the way back.The trail is about 160 km. During this trail, information will be provided regarding wild plants.
- Price asked for this trip is €999 per person, which includes all accommodation, food, a horse and activities. A pick up from and to Belgrade is also included.
- Accommodation is best with two people, Single persons will most likely sleep together.
- A deposit of €150 will be asked, which is non refundable. Rest will be payed on site.
- Food is traditional Serbian so Includes Meat, Dairy and Weed. However, Gluten and lactose free meals can be offered.
- All Additional information will be communicated with our local organization who will take care of you and all your questions.
- The Forest To Plate organization is not responsible for any loss or injury, so please make sure you have a travel and or health insurance.
- Please fill in the form below if interested, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- If you Just want to contact without filling in the form, go to Contact.